Monday, January 14, 2008

Aftermath

Whew! The reading went well although it was poorly attended. I invited a bunch of folks, but it seemed to be a bad night. Also, I don't know what the draw is for a reading. If you have to choose between a fully produced play and a staged reading I think most people would choose the former.

I got good feedback from AM, not just praise, but suggestions that I can apply to the script. Right now I feel like I have a somewhat fleshed out skeleton but there are still a few gaps in the entire Arc of the story. On the page I don't feel they are fighting so much, but on stage it definitely felt too intense for too much of the time. I need to find places to soften it and lighten it and maybe truncate the fights a bit so they don't seem like such an onslaught. I am not sure how I am going to do that, but at least it is in my head.

I had such wonderful actresses and a really good director. At this point it was exactly what I needed.

No comments: