Friday, May 23, 2008
Pitch to Play
I found out about Workshop West's Springboard Festival a couple of weeks ago while reading one of my APN E-Newsletters. I noticed they had an event called Pitch to Play inviting playwrights to Pitch a play using a maximum of three sentences. Through a jury and audience participation process the pitches would be voted on and at the end of the process, 5 scripts would be selected to be produced as staged reading in next year's Springboard Festival. Wow, I thought, cool idea... How do I write a pitch? Then I noticed the dates. May 26th and June 1st. One of those nights I have a Tech rehearsal and one of them I have a show. I stewed for a while and then I thought... "whatcha waiting for?" (my current motto). So I sent in a Pitch and asked if I had to be in attendance (if I did have to be there I would rescind the entry). Yay! I don't have to be there if I have a proxy. I have a proxy so it's all good. Now it is just the waiting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment