Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Inspiration...

Inspired by my friend Magnolia who actually did complete a 3-day novel (Yeah!) I decided to do what I could and I am glad to announce that yesterday I wrote about 1,300 words of the novel I want to write. It's nowhere near 23,000 words and it's still got a long ways to go, but it is a start. I have been thinking about outlining and trying to shape that. For me that is the hardest. The characters and their relationships are generally clear for me and I can write in the different voices, but I really have to work at putting the story together. Even as a playwright I prefer One-Acts because I can handle that level of complexity.

Anyhow, I am going to aim for 1,000 word s a week. Why so low, you say? Well, I have a lot of distractions. So I figure if I get one good writing day a week I should be able to get 1,000 words a week. If I get more that's just gravy!

No comments: