Saturday, February 2, 2008

Anxious to write...

Tonight, after he is done work, Mark is going to go out and get me a new laptop. I am anxious for this because I don't really like "writing" on the desktop computer and I have some edits for Cropping and Embossing that I really need to do. I also have an idea for a new play that I really want to start getting down. Its working title is Lockdown Procedures and deals with how events like Columbine and Virginia Tech affect teachers and students and the culture of a school as a whole. I am also incorporating in some ideas about mental illness and how our society is often ill-equipped to deal with recognizing and reacting appropriately to those individuals with mental illness. I have some ideas for characters and scenes that I want to pour out and then see where that leads me in terms of structure. It won't be a comedy.

No comments: