Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Workshopping is exhausting...

So, it's Reading Week. For the University student, this is traditionally a time of rest and reading. Not for me. We are workshopping Zachary and the Storytelling Stones. I have done 5 drafts in the last week and I imagine I will have another draft or two before the end of the week. My problem is that I like some time to let the work sit before re-drafting, but this is far more intense than that. I also feel like I will not know when it is done. Each new draft brings new questions or if I think that I have solved a problem, someone else in the process doesn't think I have, or there is a bit of back-tracking. This can be very tiring. I hope that I will get to decide when it is finished.

Let this be a lesson to you. Even if you win a contest with your work, you might be expected to change it, and you may not be able to decide when the changes are 'done'.

No comments: