In Drama we are spending a little time with Michel Tremblay, arguably one of Canada's finest playwrights. We started with Les Belles Soeurs and Monday's class was a 'reactions' summary from the class. I performed in this play 26 years ago as Lise Paquette, the pregnant teenager contemplating an abortion. It was my first *role* on Keyano's stage so it has some nostalgia for me. I quite like the play. I like its construction, and its passion in the drudgery of the women's lives. I like the opportunity for 15 women to inhabit these real-life women. Some in the class did not like the constant arguments and fighting and they found that level of intensity hard to sustain. I don't remember it being a constantly intense show. I found the monologues broke it up. I missed Wednesday due to sick children but will be getting the notes from someone. We will still be talking about it on Friday. Then we will do Hosanna.
Tonight I will be heading off to a Tight Rope rehearsal. The set design has changed thankfully and I have to adjust something because not all of the cast is as old as the written characters and the Director has asked for a modification of a few references. I don't mind because I know this play still will have a lot of work to do after this production and I can re-insert the specifics if necessary. I am interested to see where it is at.
No comments:
Post a Comment