When I looked at the calendar I knew there was a good chance that February would kill me. With Mark being in Annie and New Works and Beautiful Thing and a class requiring me to see Spine and wanting to see The Tortoise and the Hare with the boys and the ADFA (now removed due to the ridiculousness of it all) and Board Meetings, and presenting the season and Auditions for From Cradle to Stage and working on Whorehouse, I knew that this was going to take some careful planning. Hurrah! Said I, I can see Tight Rope at New Works on Friday, Feb 12th. It worked. That was really the only show I could go to, but on paper it worked.
BUT this week Gibson was very sick and yesterday whatever he had came visiting me. Suffice it to say I was really not able to go last night. I needed to be close to 'facilities' and driving seemed fool-hardy. I hoped that I would be able to secure a baby sitter for the boys or perhaps leave them at the store for a few hours. Well, no sitter was in sight and Mark needed to train his relief Pharmacist today (the one who will be covering when he has to leave early for Annie Shows), so today was out. Plus I still feel pretty crappy. I can't go tomorrow night because that is when the From Cradle to Stage auditions are.
So, I will not get to see the show. Never again will I stack things up so high. At least I got to see a lot of rehearsals. I was lucky with a strong cast and a good director who brought different things to the roles than I saw, so that I could what they brought to re-think things and (hopefully) make the script stronger. I just wish I could see it all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment