Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Incomplete

I did not get my script done in time to send in to the APN Annual Playwrighting competition. It's getting there, but I didn't want to send it in when I knew that there were major things to fix. I had some reasons for it not being done. I was busy. I probably could have worked on it on Sunday, but we had visitors and I had a rehearsal. I probably could have worked on it in the weeks leading up to the deadline but the Olympics were on and Mark was in Annie and I was sick and so on, and so on... I really need to make the commitment to write more. It's hard when there are so many things I like doing. I miss other things when I don't do them. Good thing this is an annual competition! There's always next year!

I have begun work on my next writing-related project. I am Director/Dramaturg for Uncle Robert's Funeral which will be a staged reading at From Cradle to Stage at Walterdale in May. We had our first read-through and talked about the script and I gave some guided criticism for the next draft (things for the playwright to think about as they work on the piece) and we will reconvene in three weeks with a new draft. It is exciting to be involved in the writing without actually being the writer. Plus the script is good and the cast suits it so well and they are all nice people. That makes it extra good.

No comments: