Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Entering
I got a reminder email from APN today about the annual Playwrighting Competition. Today is the deadline - you can still submit if it is post-marked today. So, instead of having until March 31st (why do I always think it is March 31st?) I scrambled with the most complete of my scripts and worked on it for 2 hours this morning until I felt it was presentable. I have been working on it for a few years, here and there. I think it still needs work, but I also think it says some good stuff and maybe if it gets read and noticed I might win the chance to work with a dramaturge to develop it. If not, I should really submit it for development through APN. I want to do more of that this year. I submitted In Locum Parentis, a short piece (it's 23 pages but fairly dense so it would likely run at about 40 mintues) about a College Instructor post-Columbine dealing with a stressful incident in her class. I wanted to write a play about how things changed for teachers/instructors after Columbine with regards to Lockdowns and procedures and that 'state of fear' and how it affects how you deal with your students and what you notice and don't notice, deliberately or unconsciously. I think it has further to go, but I also think I have started to create a solid piece. I hope it doesn't suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment