Saturday, April 7, 2007

A Good Night for Writing

Last night I had such a good writing session. I was working on Cropping and Embossing, which is about three sisters who get together to make a scrapbook for their mother and one of them learns some things about their past that she didn't know. I keep getting drawn back to this script instead of Cassandra, Now. The theme of Cassandra, Now just keeps making the writing difficult. It is almost too hard to explain, so I won't right now. C & E, however, is moving along so well. I like exploring these three women. They each have chosen different paths and there is resentment between them in a "grass is always greener" kind of way. They have three very clear voices for me. I already have about 18 pages (full page) typed. I think I did about 4-5 of those last night. Just humming along. And afterwards, i just felt so good about the work. I know, I know. It will have to be edited, but that is later. Today I am happy with it.

No comments: