Saturday, April 28, 2007
I Like the Idea of Collaborating...
Last night after seeing "10 Lost Years" (Seacoast Studios from Vancouver @ Victoria Composites Theatre), AM and I went out for a bite. As a result of the things we talked about and perhaps sparked by the structure of the show we had just seen (monologues interspersed with music) we came up with another idea for a play. It's a good one. I like the idea of writing with someone else. The two of us already have a script in progress (actually in hiatus) that we worked on in the Fort before I moved. I think it is about 75% done, but due to the changes in our lives and moving and all that we haven't gone back to it. We will, eventually, because I still like a lot of what we wrote and I think it can be something when we have the time to work it. Anyhow, "why start a new script?" you say. Because,... well, because it is a totally different project and it is one that would be so workable and something that we could connect to now. We would also be able to write a lot of it independently of each other and only have to come together for collaboration. It is also a project that I think we would be able to get WAY MORE source material than we needed which is great because then you have more room for cutting things out that are extraneous. I am excited. I also think it would produce a show that would be funny, serious, therapeutic, and real. Oh, and it would be ALL WOMEN. Ha ha ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment