Well, we had the discussion at the last Lab session. What came out of it was that different playwrights are different in rehearsal. We also discussed the difference between a workshop situation and an actual rehearsal. In the workshop situation you would offer more input, wheras in the rehearsal you may be limited. One guy said he was quite vocal about what he wanted and pushed for it in rehearsal. We also talked about trust in the process. The idea was that if you had a high level of trust in your director and actors you could back off a bit. There was a strong reaction to actors taking liberties with the script, especially when they had the script in hand. Very Strong. Actors beware the misquoted playwright. I think I am more forgiving because I understand the acting process and the gradual separation from the page. That actor may have been working towards internalizing the script and the bits and pieces will get fixed before the end (if there is good feedback with regards to line notes).
I am very happy with my play right now, so I think I will not go to rehearsal again until Dress Rehearsal. I feel extraneous in the whole process at this point. I am excited for the last piece to be put in place --> the audience!
No comments:
Post a Comment