Well, this weekend I had major computer issues, so once I got them machines up and running I really got down to business. I think the "crunch" of deadlines and all that actually makes me write more.
I finished up the latest draft of Cropping and Embossing for the Playwright's Lab. It is coming along nicely. I also found out that it was not accepted for Trading Stages at Walterdale Theatre but I actually feel okay about that because I think it is going to be a full length play when I am done with it and not a One Act. Right now it begs for 'more' not less so I think that the length would be unsatisfactory if I kept it to a one-act. Perhaps AM's play got selected. Cross your fingers.
I also met with AM about Double, Double and despite not having all my homework done, I feel like this project is actively on the go again. It was stalled for a while. I have now parked the project in my brain so I will think about it when I am driving or waiting for Oliver after school.
Last night I was watching TV and one of the shows gave me an idea for a play. If you watch the show Criminal Minds, you will know that they usually end the show with some quotes, one of them gave me an idea for a play that I am calling Slaying the Dragon. I wrote a couple of pages and some ideas while the kids played in Play Land at the golden arches. This why I am a writer. I can do it anywhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment