Monday, June 16, 2008

In Search of Higher Education

Today I took a step, a big step. I filled out and sent in an application for Special Student Status at the University of Alberta so that I could take a few drama courses there. I am most interested in taking the playwrighting courses, but there are a couple of courses that are prerequisites for almost all of the upper level classes. I don't exactly know what they are, but I am hoping they are play analysis or theatre history courses or even some introductory acting courses. In any case, I feel that I need/want some more structure to this whole playwrighting journey and I am hoping that I can find it at the University. It will bring a whole new craziness with coordinating child care, but I am not scared to look for that if I need it.

A funny thing happened when I was looking for my old Alberta education I.D.#. I stumbled upon three plays I started writing in 1988! Interesting to read the old stuff. I just skimmed a bit but I might actually re-read them and see what's there.