Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Read Through - From Something

I shook things up last night at the second reading. I had been thinking about doing it before but was hesitant. The reason I wanted someone else to direct was because I wanted someone to cast it. I admit I was a bit confused because the playwright and the director weren't on the same page. I let the director win and I think the casting works better now. the cast is as follows:

Kelly - Julie Sinclair
Maya - Anne Marie Szucs
Adrian - Joyce Labriola

It's a total change from before, but last night with Julie reading Kelly and Joyce reading Adrian it made more sense. I know Anne Marie will be good for Maya because she is who I had in mind originally for the part. The playwright wins and the director wins on that choice! I liked the new script. It's tighter and flows better. There are a couple of spots where I removed chunks that I need to smooth out, but otherwise, I think it works well. I plan to fine-tune during rehearsal. These are 3 nice strong actresses that I can rely on to roll with it.

No comments: