I squeezed in a Preview Performance of Zachary on Saturday afternoon. I say squeezed because the weekend was already jam packed with family activities. I am glad I did. I took along the boys, and my nephew Steven and my sister Annemarie and Mark. The timing was good, because we had quite a few people in town for my Dad's birthday party (surprise!). I was glad that Annie got to see it as she is one of my 'readers' whenever I write a play.
The show is in really nice shape. The boys quite liked it and I was pleased with it. The transitions are tighter and the music really supports the piece. Bob has captured the feel of each of the stories with music that reflects where the stories are sourced from. Cool. It still feels like my play, only more alive. I love, love, love the costumes and puppets and set. They use it in such cool ways. I hope to get to see it again this week at one of the school shows. It's tight though, and with getting kids I am constrained a bit. It is nice to have a show I do not have to worry about.
From Something is still under development. We may take it to Interplay in Fort McMurray. I am waiting on one actress to get back to me so I can apply. That way we will not be rehearsing the show for nothing. I may also put it in the ADFA in February if all the girls are available.
No comments:
Post a Comment