I like to work with the process. I like to be positive about the suggestions. I like to accept the feedback and input as suggestions that I can learn from and grow from and apply to my writing and hopefully improve. And then reality happens...
Today in class we 'worked' the first 2-3 pages of my script. This took about an hour. Now, I was going with it and writing everything down and being open when Derek challenged the script and defended what I knew for sure, and made notes when I didn't know for sure. Some great things were coming out of it. We did this whole investigation of the ritualization of the daily routine that I found really inspiring and I have more ideas for using it in the script in other places. I was working in a mental and emotional state I was comfortable with. I didn't mind the challenges (initially) because I want the scrutiny and the rigorous approach to the script. I want it to be good. But I think I figured out something. I think he was going to keep pushing at things until he found something that we'd push back against and despite my best efforts, he even got me. Now I am a bit mind-bleeped because I don't know if the pushing was for the sake of pushing or if it was legitimate.
And now, I am geared up to work on the script and I really have no time until this weekend so I feel stalled. Whether I try what he suggests or I find my own solution (I think that is what bugs me - I don't mind hearing something doesn't work - I mind being told exactly what to do to fix it - I would rather find my own solution).
No comments:
Post a Comment