Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not Going As Well as I'd Like...

Mark took the boys to Olds and I started work on Tight Rope, but it has been painful. Over the last few days I have had all these brainstorms in my head to solve issues with the script, but when it came time to fix them on the screen I found it very challenging. I left the computer and sat with the hard copy and pen and marked it up quite a bit and now I am ready to go back to it, but I am not optimistic. This play needs plotting and while I am strong on dialogue, I am challenged with plot. Gah! I have all the issues I want to deal with. I have the clearly defined characters. I have sharp, biting exchanges, but I do not have the resolution or a clear answer as to how to get it on paper. Small steps. I shall take small steps and get there eventually.

I did find out this week that my Director for New Works is Scott Garland who is one of the actors in Sweeney Todd and the Dramaturge is Tom from my Drama 407 class. So it is nice that I know both of them. Apparently my script was not desired by the three MFA Directors. I don't know what to think about that. Oh well, I quite like Scott and I feel I'll be able to talk to him about the play and the process and that's good.

No comments: