Monday, April 18, 2011
A couple of projects and a new Board....
The next two weeks are going to be writing time for me. I have some downtime now that Threepenny and Theatre History are done and I have one personal deadline (Fringe re-writes) and one submissions deadline (New Works - U of A) looming at the end of April so I have some work to fill that time. I started on the piece I want to submit to New Works. It's a little piece called Girls in White Dresses, not about Austrian Singing Families in the 1930s however. It is about the complicated pro-choice/pro-life world. I have been doing a bit of research on the pro-choice side today and started on that monologue. It is a piece that has been percolating for a while in my brain. I don't have to be done for the deadline, but I want to be started enough that what I am trying to do with it comes across. Pieces, the Fringe play, will be looked at on Wednesday. I figure if I work 2 days on one and then 2 days on the other it will give me momentum on each and down time from each. I am also a new member of APN's Board of Directors. I am not sure what exactly that is going to mean beyond the monthly conference call Board Meeting, but I am hopeful that it will engage me more strongly with the benefits that APN can offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment