Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Productive Day...

I managed to shake off the grumpy feeling I have had because of the election and focus on writing today. It felt really good. I spent a bit of time on re-working Pieces. I have another couple of hours to work on it and then I will set it aside for a few days and get back to it and re-read it. It feels good to actually work on it. I wrote a good solid 3 pages and re-worked the script. I need to re-read it and get a better sense of how the arc has been re-shaped and I know that I won't know everything about that until I hear it aloud, but I have made some major progress on it.

I also did quite a bit of work on Girls in White Dresses, the script I want to submit for New Works at the U of A. I am worried I am losing track of the arc, but I am literally doing the vomit draft so I can cull and clip and finesse it more before I submit it. The deadline is the 29th of April so I have a few days. I also have some free days so that will be a good thing to work on. The submission is also not supposed to be a completed script. The purpose of New Works is that they want to work with you to complete the script, so hopefully I will get some good enough writing to have them invest in the piece but recognize that it needs work.

All in all, a good day of writing... and I am still at it.

No comments: