Today I had my feedback session at the Women's Words course I am taking. It was valuable, even though I do not think I will be doing anything more with the piece I submitted. I was pleased by the many compliments I received for my writing, and I found the suggestions and criticisms very helpful. I was happy that I didn't feel the criticism was an attack on me. I was worried about how I would take it, but I actually found it was useful and it gave me a direction to go if I was going to go back to the story. Who knows, maybe I will.
I am surprised at how much I am picking up from the course since so much is specific to the submitted work, but Shauna has interjected many useful tips and the writing samples themselves have given many jumping-off point for discussion. I may actually try my hand at this "fiction writing" thing. With the amount I read I should be able to write a book, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment