Last night we gave feedback on 2 of the submitted scripts. So far we have read 4 scripts. I am overall very impressed with the talent of the writers in the group. I also thought the feedback was very constructive and yet rigorous. I hope to have the same in two weeks when my play is dealt with. I am in a far more embryonic state than some of the plays we have read so I hope for kindness. I haven't even completed the first draft. It is what it is. I wish there was more there, but my time is not always my own. I got to the point where I wanted to submit what I had rather than finish up things in an unsatisfactory way. I know if I wrote crap I would be called on it, so why not wait until I can write it better. I did "summarize" where I wanted to go, but for now, it is unfinished.
I find it similar to the Women's Words feedback process. Marty, like Shauna, is good at stepping in with pointers at the right time. I am most anxious about the reaction to topic as I worry that half the group won't relate to it because of their age. I could be wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment