Last night I got the feedback on my submitted "draft". I ended up submitting an uncompleted draft because that's where it was at the time and there was no more time for me to write and the deadline was "up". Two sessions earlier someone else had submitted an uncompleted draft and I had heard nothing about that so I assumed (never assume) that it was okay to do so. Of course, I was not there for that guy's feedback session because it fell on Opening Night of my show. Sooooo, my feedback session started with a bit of a chastisement for submitting an uncompleted draft, with references to the lecture the other guy had gotten (that I did not hear because I wasn't there). So I felt like an idiot before the feedback started. Oh well.
I did get a lot to think about. My big fear that not everyone would relate to the story was not realized (yay!). I do want this to be relevant to a wide audience. I know have a lot of "stuff" in my brain that I should put down on paper and try and work out how the script will work. Even though it was "unfinished" there was still a lot there for the other's to comment on. I like feedback, in that it usually gives me a kick in the pants to get back to the work. I find I have to write - put it away - write some more - put it away - etc... Now I have to write. It has been put away too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment