Monday, August 13, 2007
Feedback Messes with my Mind...
Okay, so I went to Playwright's Lab. Good thing I did because otherwise there would have only been Marty, the 2 playwrights being 'reviewed' and 1 other person there. However, I have come home really mind-twisted. Why? Because one of the plays we reviewed was a big challenge for me. I felt like an idiot because I did not see the "amazing-ness" in it that the other three people seemed to see. It reminded me of the kind of stuff my high school students would write - for their first draft - before they took all the self-indulgent stuff out. I came home really questioning my ability to "sh[t-detect". The stuff I thought smelled foul, everyone else was saying smelled like roses. It is not that I want to have someone get lambasted, but I really did not see the greatness. How can I trust the feedback I get when I don't trust the feedback I hear others get?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment