Friday, November 23, 2007

Reaching Goals

I hit 50,000 words last night. I was 8 days ahead of schedule so that felt really good. It was kind of cool how momentum took over. If you asked me at 15,000 words I probably wasn't too sure that I had enough of the story to get me to the word-goal, but the characters literally took over. I realized that I could explore the back stories of the new characters I introduced. I still have quite a few that I could do that with so I certainly think that 50,000 words is not the end. I know that the first half is more "crafted" than the last half. I incorporated little invented and altered news articles from today and the past to link our current world with the world of the future. I ran out of those when the story just took over. I do have 7 days to polish that aspect of the story and finish it. It feels great though! WooT wOOt!

No comments: