Monday, October 27, 2008

No New Works for Me...

I received a group email yesterday thanking those of us who submitted and listing the 6 plays that were selected for New Works. Mine was not on the list. Sigh... There were 29 entries and I do think mine was on the long and rough side. I shall take it to Kevin Kerr for assistance in the coming month and I will send it out to my reading ladies for feedback. I probably should have done that before submitting it, but time was an issue. I am down, but not too down. I have a new opportunity in directing that I am very excited about (more to follow on the main site later this year) that might have overlapped a bit, so perhaps it is fortuitous that the time is free. I shall also endeavour to go to New Works to see what kind of things they are looking for and that might help me out next year. The 2 coordinators are both male and I know I have a female sensibility about my writing, so that may have worked against me.

No comments: