Friday, October 17, 2008

Sifitng Through...

I am currently reading submissions for a New Work/Independent Project/Play reading Festival and it is challenging. So many entries don't really fit the asked for requirements on length and simplicity. Some do, but I would hate that we would use merely those two factors to determine our choices. I would like 'good writing' to be in there and I will fight for that. The more complex plays, however, bring challenges that Walterdale doesn't necessarily have the resources to deal with.

I have also recently met with AM to work on Double, Double. It is coming along despite the chaos of my life and hers. Baby steps, I guess. I have a homework assignment or two and hopefully I will get to them. I can only do what I can do and my never-ending illness is not really helping.

Still no word from New Works, but I remain optimistic about In Locum Parentis. There has been no announcement of other people being selected either, so I am not out of the running. The submission was only 2 weeks ago and we had to submit 4 copies so I am assuming that means 4 adjudicators so that might take time for them all to read and then meet and select. Right now I am too busy to do anything on it, anyhow, so it's not really on my mind 24/7.

No comments: