Monday, January 12, 2009

24 Hours... One Script... Done!

Well, it was well worth it. I think. Really, at the end of 20 some hours with only about 3 1/2 hours of sleep and about 15-16 hours writing and/or staring at a computer screen it is hard to know what you have. However, the Dramaturge who read my first draft after 10 hours of writing said some positive things and pointed me in the direction of fixing a pretty big character trait. I did two more passes after that and I feel that I have a fairly solid first draft. The first 10 hours are certainly the most productive of the whole thing. I could've slept more and maybe done a little better work at the end since I left at 9 a.m., but it was what it was basically going to be for the time being. I do want to take time to deepen it and add more bumps to the road and really integrate some of the metaphoric stuff I incorporated, but I am done for now...

No comments: