Friday, January 23, 2009

How Lovely...

A couple of weeks ago I read about a playwriting competition being held by Kompany Family Theatre. I had a script but when I looked at the criteria I realized that I had too many actors and no time to re-work it so I didn't submit. Then, on Monday I received a second notice from the administrator and encouragement to submit even if my piece did not fit the requirements. So I sent in Zachary and the Storytelling Stones. Today I received a call saying that I won the competition. This will mean a workshop and work with a dramaturge to develop the script and they will produce it and it will tour and be at the Fringe in a BYOV. I also win a cash prize (nice!). Very lovely...

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh my!!

That's great Kristen!!

You have just been having the most incredible year or two with the writing. I think that's absolutely fabulous! I'm almost tearing up here....

Finster said...

It's going to be toured to the Winnipeg, Saskatoon and Edmonnton Fringe and I will get a portion of the revenue in addition to the caash prize... cool, eh? I am looking forward to the workshopping!