Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Half Done...

I cleaned up Zachary yesterday and I feel better about everything. I wish I could separate my ego from my art, but I really think that if you care about the work you are doing then you really can't. In the same way that my critical comments about other people's work in the past have provoked strong reactions (they weren't meant to read them... I made a mistake) I too flinch at critique. I have a really hard time with the writing. I want to be in charge of the changes. I don't mind feedback, but I like to think I have the final say and this is what the problem was. I was feeling like regardless what I said, the changes were going to be made and when you open that door, who know what will happen to your work. I just wanted to feel like I had some measure of control of where it was going. I have not gotten a hold of the music guy yet. I haven't had time.

Tomorrow I travel to Fort McMurray for a retirement party of a good friend on mine. I will take work on the bus with me and hopefully get a lot done on From Something. That will be a good use of my 10 hours of travel time!

No comments: