So I finished my paper for Drama 407. It is crap, but I don't care. Well, that is what I am telling myself. It is due tomorrow and I didn't have time to really make it good. I didn't have time for research and I was challenged by the lack of direction provided by the instructor on what to write (well-researched, personal, non-academic, what you connect to, 12 pages, then 6 pages - those were all descriptors of what we were to write... on The Seagull). Anyhow, I wrote a personal paper primarily discussing Konstantin's struggle to be an artist and Nina's fascination with celebrity. It's a but muddled, includes no other source material but the text itself, and 10 pages long, but it's all I had. My argument to myself is the following:
1. I am not taking to course for marks, but to learn to write a better play.
1a. Part of my is pissed off that we had to write this instead of writing our own stuff.
2. I had no bloody time over the last 2 weeks.
2a. The time I was going to spend today really refining the paper was lost because Oliver was home sick, and,
3. It will do.
I have to argue with myself, because although all three of the above items are true, I am a true student and I have always cared about marks and doing the work assigned. It is hard for me to compromise, but I am at a somethings got to give point, and I am frustrated that I spent all my writing time over the last two weeks on this paper instead of one of the 3 scripts I really want to work on. The whole point of this course for me was to be able to dedicate time to writing my plays.
No comments:
Post a Comment