Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little Steps...

Yesterday I reworked From Something. I had some places that I identified this summer after seeing it so many times that I really needed to fix. The bonus of seeing it so many times is that I could really tell when it was the writing that wasn't working because if it worked one night and not the next I knew that sometimes the writing worked. If it always didn't work, despite changing tactics, I could be pretty sure my writing was to blame. So I did some tightening and shifted some arcs. AND THEN I saved AND THEN under a new title I totally changed the ending. I sent the new ending version off to the three actresses in the show and am waiting to see what they think. I think it's kind of cool and both endings are valid but now I want to hear the new one to see which is better. The interesting thing is that I think they are both valid endings and it could be left to the character of Adrian to decide which ending to go with, but that would mean they would have to learn the entire last scene two different ways and be ready for either way. That could be fun.

Today I worked on Tight Rope. I have to run off in a few minutes for gymnastics but I have made it through the first half with some tightening and adjustments. I have to get to the end and the last scene is the the scene with the 'big work', but I am happy to have gotten some work done on it. I left Thursday so charged and then I get back into real life and I stall at getting the work done. There are many, many distractions in my home and my life. Even when I am home alone there are things to keep me away from writing. That can be frustrating, but then when I do get things done it can be really rewarding.

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

That reminds me - I forgot to take a copy of the From Something DVD when I dashed off the morning after your party. Fortunately, I can pick it up and/or just watch it when I'm home in Dec - don't let me forget again!

Finster said...

I realized that on Thursday when I was talking to Mom and I said the same thing - when she's here in December!