Saturday, July 14, 2007

APN Social Event

I went to the APN meet and greet at East Bound last night and rubbed elbows with some established playwrights and met the APN staff. Still feeling like a neophyte who is not quite sure where she fits it. I'm new at this, but not young so I don't fit the typical "emerging artist" profile. I also have experience, but not professional experience and I lack the years of relationship that some of these people have with each other. I so desperately wanted to ask Mieko Ouicho about how a person could go about pitching a play to Concrete Theatre. Now that I have met her, I hope to meet her again and perhaps pose the question at a later day. I do have a couple of TYA plays afterall.

I did get some questions answered and I also listened in on a few conversations that sparked some new questions that I will take some time to clarify in my own mind before I pose them to APN. Someday, someday I will get over this feeling of being the newbie.

No comments: