So, I get this envelope from CBC Radio today and I think, "Oh great, a thanks but no thanks letter". Then, I open it and read:
Congratulations! Your entry, Weighty Matter, is one of the winners of Alberta Anthology..... you will receive $300.00 and a professional production of your piece, which will be aired on CBC radio ... between September and April.
And then I start jumping up and down like an idiot and the boys get all excited but they don't know why. My first $ received from writing. How cool is that?
4 comments:
That is GREAT!!!!!!! That's SO COOL!!! I really totally see you segueing into a new career.
So what is the monologue you wrote? Can I read it?
Omigod, omigod, omigod!!!!!!!!!! That is so great!!!!! Congrats my friend!
Here's the funny thing... the monologue is a weight los facilitator who has never been heavy who keeps saying all the wrong things to her group and the group gets up and leaves.
In past years they have published the "best entries" in a book. So if that continues the monologue would be published in a collection. Hee hee hee.
Here's the funny thing... the monologue is a weight los facilitator who has never been heavy who keeps saying all the wrong things to her group and the group gets up and leaves.
In past years they have published the "best entries" in a book. So if that continues the monologue would be published in a collection. Hee hee hee.
Post a Comment