About 2 years ago I joined APN (Alberta Playwright's Network) to get access to their resources and to confirm for myself that I am doing this whole writing thing. I have been very happy with the results of that since I now have a produced play (Pieces, Walterdale, May 2007) and I am participating in the Writer's Lab with Marty Chan. So I recently joined the Writers Guild of Alberta with the same hopes for that membership. I like the magazine that gets sent out. I am hoping that the recent surge in APN information/events means that my membership was timely. I only need time to write and all will be well. Tonight is an APN event that I would like to go to. I am not sure if that will happen because time is so tight and all that. But it would be nice to check it out and see the other playwrights in the community.
What I want from these memberships is not just to say I am a member but to actually get some value from those membership, like workshops, competition information, networking, strategies for writing, etc... I hope that it pays off.
No comments:
Post a Comment