We finished blocking the rest of the play tonight. It was a good rehearsal. This is broad sweeps, but most of the choices feel very right so I feel good. I think it will actually be a good thing to leave it and come back to it in a week. It shall feel fresh and new. I am trying to find the right playwright vocabulary to mesh with my director's vocabulary. I think, for the most part, it is working, but it is hard for me because I feel constrained when the two roles compete. They don't have to, but I need to shift my vocabulary so that I can meet the needs of the playwright while performing the role of director. Lots of fun with props and such tonight and I feel that we are in great shape.
I am taking the new play with me (Water Beneath Her Feet) and I might get a bit of time to work on it. That would be nice. It might be nice to be somewhere else and in a differently structured day while I am writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment