Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hiatus?

Tomorrow I leave for a week long vacation(?) with my two kids. I say hiatus, but I am optimistically bringing things with me to work on. We shall see. Last night we blocked the first half of From Something. It is broad sweeps right now, but it looks good. There are moments that surprise and pull me in, and I know the work very well, so I take that as a good sign. Before we blocked we read through the entire first scene (17 pages) and I got a bit verklempt because it felt like a real play. There was an arc and the actors made the 3 characters real. Very, very happy. We will block out the remainder of the play tonight and they I will leave tomorrow. Hopefully the three ladies will have a chance to get together and run stuff while I am away.

No comments: