Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Good Work
I am not sure exactly where to write about the rehearsal process for From Something, but since I am playwright as well as director I shall plop it in here. We had our first 'real' rehearsal last night. I say 'real' because the previous read-throughs were more for me and this was the first one where the work was for the actors. I had Julie and Joyce and we worked through almost all of the Kelly and Adrian units. The work went well. Joyce embraced the system and Julie was a good resource to have there in the process to check in with. I have a whole other evening next week with just the two of them so we will review and finish the last page we didn't get to and then start blocking. It's slow work at first and fast work later and already my actors are listening and reacting. That's that thing I love the most about the process is that you get to the kind of work you want to be doing really early on. This weekend I work with Anne Marie and Joyce on the Maya and Adrian scenes. We have a bigger chunk of time and a smaller section to work so I think we shall finish all of those. The big work will be the units with all three of them together and we will work them next week. It's all good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment