Whew! We are back! We had a great trip to the Fort and now we are ready for the Fringe! Interplay was interesting. It was a great time in many ways, but there was a little disappointing that the houses were so small. We worked the site and postered and leafletted, but it didn't seem as though many people wanted to leave the bandstand for the indoor shows. Oh well! This is not to dis the ones who did come to see the show. We had lovely audiences and they were so positive and responsive to the show. There was a lot of kleenex used in that theatre (yay!). Here are some quotes from people who saw the show...
"The show was awesome! WTG Kristen, cast and crew!"
"Fantastic play. Good job!"
"From Something is a stunning debut for playwright Kristen Finlay. It tackles the issue of abandonment and its requisite emotional scarring in a way that is completely believable and entrancing. Heartfelt performances by Anne Marie Szucs, Julie Sinclair and Joyce LaBriola will shake you to the core."
I particularly like the last one...
I have also had the opportunity to see the show 6 times in the venue with lights and music and all the stuff, so I have some ideas of how to refine the script even further. I would like to tighten it even more and I am not just deciding whether I will do that before or after Fringe. I know we have a 75 minute slot, but if it serves the script to only be 60 minutes long, I would rather cut the pages... I am still thinking on it!
Anyhow, great weekend. We are bonded and it feels like a tight show. I am pleased!
No comments:
Post a Comment