Monday, August 24, 2009
Working on the Plane...
On my recent trip to Minnesota via plane I did manage to get a little writing done. I actually wrote the most in the airport waiting for my flight because Mark had dropped me off very early to avoid rush hour. I worked a bit on The Water Beneath Her Feet. It is becoming much more visual for me and I am trying to write descriptive passages to help in plotting the piece out. I did some dialogue and am struggling with defining one character's purpose and personality. I love the fact that the initial draft can change so much - the hard part is getting it out. So I can forgive myself some bad writing in early drafts just to get the thing on paper. The bad writing will 'shine through' upon re-reading and I can edit later. I am hoping that I can work on this as well as Tight Rope in the Drama 407 class I am taking this fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment